Albanian Society of Program Evaluation (ASPE) has been awarded for a new project submitted under the Call for proposals 2016 of EvalPartners Peer-to-Peer Grants. Following a fierce global competition, aimed to select only one project at every continent, the project ARK2GEA “Transnational Cooperation Romania-Albania-Kosovo Evaluation Towards the Implementation of the Global Agenda 2016-2020“, was awarded on behalf Europe Region.
The general objective of this Project is to enhance capacities of 3 National VOPEs of Balkan countries (ASPE of Albania, RoSE of Romania and KEN from Kosovo), members of IOCE and EvalPartners Network to play strategic roles to enabling environment for evaluation in their countries according to the vision for the future of evaluation profession established by the Global Evaluation Agenda 2016-2020.
Following to the successful results in the EvALRO project, the partnership has been extended by including the national VOPE from Kosovo, new comer in P2P, to join efforts in implementing GEA to a wider geographical area and provide sustainability of previous project results.
The Project specific objectives (SO) are:
- Enhancing VOPEs’ strategic roles to strengthen enabling environments for evaluation within their countries, contributing to improved national evaluation systems and policies according to GEA vision
- Strengthening VOPEs’ institutional and operational capacities and to develop participatory approaches with stakeholders concerned with evaluation according to GEA vision
- Strengthening the individual capacities of evaluators in each country and promoting professional education and occupational framework
All project activities have joint work and specific deliverables as contribution of each VOPE clearly identified. They are structured as 4 work packages:
- the first three packages relate to a specific objective and are fully in line with GEA actions. A special attention is given to ensure fully compliance with P2P requirements.
- the 4th work package concerns the project management activities including coordination among partners, transnational meetings, communication plan, monitoring/evaluation and dissemination of results.
The project Kick-off Event took place at the University of Durres in Albania on Monday, 12th December 2016. Further information may be obtained from Mr. Fation Luli, ARK2GEA project manager at email@example.com.